What is RapidFix?
RapidFix is an advanced polymer adhesive that can quickly – sometimes instantly – bond most materials to themselves or another material.
The welding powder is a complementary formulation that enables even stronger bonds, and can repair holes, cracks, and gaps. For some applications, the welding powder can even function like solder or traditional heat welding.
Areas treated with RapidFix can be filed, sanded, and painted almost immediately.
These images show how RapidFix can even repair a porous aluminum casting on a car’s water pump that has suffered a broken mount.
The Benefit of Rapid-Fix
1) High strenght bond in seconds
2) Will not dry out in the container
3) Bonds instantly to most materials
4) Rapid-Fix dual adhesive system can be filed, ground, drilled and painted instantly
5) Rapid-Fix adhesive dries clear
The repair is simple
1) Saturate one side of the break with RapidFix
2) Press the parts together and hold for a few moments
3) Saturate the seam with RapidFix a second time
4) Immediately add the welding powder
5) Repeat steps #3-#4 around the joint
6) Wipe off the excess welding powder
How to use Rapid-Fix Dual Adhesive System
Remove the cap and cut the nozzle. Remember only a few s are needed for most repairs. Clean dry surfaces produce the strongest bonds. File or sandpaper any loose material to ensure surfaces are clean. Use a solvent to remove any dirt, oil or grease.
Repair with Rapid-Fix
Step1- Using Adhesive
Step 2- Using Welding Powder
Step 3- Using Adhesive again
Step 4 – Finish Repair